How to use Mac mail clients at DTU
Apple_Mail communicates with Exchange mail servers using Microsoft's proprietary protocols, and hence can handle both E-mail as well as calendar appointments directly on the Exchange server. You can read about Apple - Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Exchange support out of the box for a description.
E-mail clients which can speak the Microsoft Exchange protocols (such as Microsoft Outlook, Apple_Mail, and Evolution) should be configured to connect to this server name:
To create a new E-mail account in Apple_Mail:
- Open the Mail->Settings->Accounts window.
- Press + to set up access to a new account.
- Use the mail.win.dtu.dk mail-server address if needed.
- For your E-mail address use win.dtu.dk as in DTUemail@example.com (so Apple Mail checks the correct mail-server).
- After the account is set up, change the address to your real E-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also Mail 4.0 Help.