CP2K(restart=None, ignore_bad_restart_file=False, label=’cp2k’, atoms=None, command=None, debug=False, **kwargs)¶
ASE-Calculator for CP2K.
CP2K is a program to perform atomistic and molecular simulations of solid state, liquid, molecular, and biological systems. It provides a general framework for different methods such as e.g., density functional theory (DFT) using a mixed Gaussian and plane waves approach (GPW) and classical pair and many-body potentials.
CP2K is freely available under the GPL license. It is written in Fortran 2003 and can be run efficiently in parallel.
Check http://www.cp2k.org about how to obtain and install CP2K. Make sure that you also have the CP2K-shell available, since it is required by the CP2K-calulator.
The CP2K-calculator relies on the CP2K-shell. The CP2K-shell was originally designed for interactive sessions. When a calculator object is instantiated, it launches a CP2K-shell as a subprocess in the background and communications with it through stdin/stdout pipes. This has the advantage that the CP2K process is kept alive for the whole lifetime of the calculator object, i.e. there is no startup overhead for a sequence of energy evaluations. Furthermore, the usage of pipes avoids slow file- system I/O. This mechanism even works for MPI-parallelized runs, because stdin/stdout of the first rank are forwarded by the MPI-environment to the mpiexec-process.
The command used by the calculator to launch the CP2K-shell is
cp2k_shell. To run a parallelized simulation use something like this:
>>> CP2K.command="env OMP_NUM_THREADS=2 mpiexec -np 4 cp2k_shell.psmp"
- auto_write: bool
- Flag to enable the auto-write mode. If enabled the
write()routine is called after every calculation, which mimics the behavior of the
FileIOCalculator. Default is
- basis_set: str
- Name of the basis set to be use.
The default is
- basis_set_file: str
- Filename of the basis set file.
BASIS_MOLOPT. Set the environment variable $CP2K_DATA_DIR to enabled automatic file discovered.
- charge: float
- The total charge of the system. Default is
- command: str
- The command used to launch the CP2K-shell.
commandis not passed as an argument to the constructor, the class-variable
CP2K.command, and then the environment variabel
$ASE_CP2K_COMMANDare checked. Eventually,
cp2k_shellis used as default.
- cutoff: float
- The cutoff of the finest grid level. Default is
400 * Rydberg.
- debug: bool
- Flag to enable debug mode. This will print all
communication between the CP2K-shell and the
CP2K-calculator. Default is
- force_eval_method: str
- The method CP2K uses to evaluate energies and forces.
The default is
Quickstep, which is CP2K’s module for electronic structure methods like DFT.
- inp: str
- CP2K input template. If present, the calculator will
augment the template, e.g. with coordinates, and use
it to launch CP2K. Hence, this generic mechanism
gives access to all features of CP2K.
Note, that most keywords accept
Noneto disable the generation of the corresponding input section.
- max_scf: int
- Maximum number of SCF iteration to be performed for
one optimization. Default is
- poisson_solver: str
- The poisson solver to be used. Currently, the only supported
None. Default is
- potential_file: str
- Filename of the pseudo-potential file.
POTENTIAL. Set the environment variable $CP2K_DATA_DIR to enabled automatic file discovered.
- pseudo_potential: str
- Name of the pseudo-potential to be use.
auto. This tries to infer the potential from the employed XC-functional, otherwise it falls back to
- stress_tensor: bool
- Indicates whether the analytic stress-tensor should be calculated.
- uks: bool
- Requests an unrestricted Kohn-Sham calculations.
This is need for spin-polarized systems, ie. with an
odd number of electrons. Default is
- xc: str
- Name of exchange and correlation functional.
Accepts all functions supported by CP2K itself or libxc.
- print_level: str
- PRINT_LEVEL of global output. Possible options are: DEBUG Everything is written out, useful for debugging purposes only HIGH Lots of output LOW Little output MEDIUM Quite some output SILENT Almost no output Default is ‘LOW’
Construct CP2K-calculator object.